Friday, March 30, 2007

Overwhelmed by depth

Drinking, and finishing up reading the Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac and The Art of Travel by Alain de Botton and am finding myself fully overwhelmed by the concept of depth of place.

In 4 months, I will leave Kita Ko and Matsue and nothing will ever be the same, yet in all that time, I don't feel I've ever really touched any heart of Matsue or Kita ko... I've gone deep in this place, but there's ever so much more... The realization makes me mourn my travel ambitions... how can I understand souls, places and identities, without living a lifetime in their company...?

Impossible. All of it. It makes me sad in my drunkenness. Most of my friends will understand...

good night brothers and sisters whom I do not truly know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home